Saturday, July 13, 2013

GMST week...

I am not a fan of texting acronyms, but I put it in the title this week. I had a "get my stuff together" week, last week. I cleaned my room, called about lowering bills, and reset my mind-space. I now have the physical and mental space to do some calligraphy and typography experiments, which I will share as I make any "new-to-me" discoveries.
I had an Intro to Calligraphy class at Oil and Cotton this past Wednesday. It went very well. I love the students that come through. We had it on a different day this time, because the READ-RITE MARKET will take place next weekend on Saturday, July 20 from 10a-6p. There will be all kinds of great festivities in celebration of the written word.
From 11-11:30a I will write down the first word that comes to mind as I look at the person in front of me for a fun take-away of the written word. From 3-3:30p my boss (at the Book Doctor) and friend, Candice McKay, will dissect a book. My co-worker (at the Book Doctor and Oil and Cotton) and friend, Jessica Sinks, will have paper fortunes available throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment